The Green ICT Initiative Trade Mission
By its wealth of renewable energy, Québec occupies an important place in a global society confronted by significant economic and environmental challenges.
With the Equation project (Green ICT), Québec is taking concrete actions to address some of the most pressing environmental challenges of our time – from energy management to climate change. Punching far above its weight on a global scale, Equation reinforces Québec’s ICT leadership and commitment to sustainability.
Leveraging $70 million in private and public investment, Equation is comprised of six industry-led green ICT projects made possible by visionary investment by the Government of Québec and seven world-leading companies: CGI, Ericsson Canada, Fujitsu Canada, IBM Canada, Miranda Technologies, Teledyne DALSA and Trilliant. The Equation project allowed the creation of a strong and ever growing research and innovation ecosystem that includes many SMEs, academic institutions and research centers in Québec.
This trade mission to the United Kingdom and Sweden is an initiative of the industrial partners of the Equation project who wish to further stimulate the economic impact of the major government investment in the Equation project (Green ICT initiative 1) and lay the groundwork for a broader mobilization (Green ICT initiative 2) that will further solidify the Québec ICT innovation ecosystem.
During this mission, the participants will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct commercial and partnership announcements;
- Connecting with strategic and business partners in the United Kingdom andSweden and put Québec in a market with strong economic growth;
- Take note of Green ICT achievements and technical demonstrations in the United Kingdom and Sweden;
- Link the Québec ICT research community and Green ICT initiatives with other important European initiatives;
- Solidify Québec’s reputation as a world leader in Green ICT.
Who will participate in this mission?
- Large companies that are Equation project’s partners:
- Ericsson Canada
- IBM Canada
- Miranda Technologies
- Teledyne DALSA
- SMEs and academic collaborators involved in the Equation project (Equation 1) and other Québec companies (large companies and SMEs) who wish to be involved in the second part of the Green ICT initiative (Equation 2).