On March 30th, during the event entitled ICT: prime drivers of sustainable development, 8 key Quebec Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) industry players joined voices with Prompt to sign a Statement for a broadband strategy.
The Statement, addressed to Quebec’s Government, proposes the following 5 elements which should form the foundation of a future Quebec Broadband Strategy.
- ICT are key drivers of sustainable development and a broadband strategy is a broad societal endeavour.
- Information infrastructure is fundamentally essential and enabling to all of Quebec society.
- A digital economy strategy must stimulate adoption of digital applications and services throughout society.
- The close linkage between ICT and energy: an opportunity for Quebec.
- An innovation ecosystem must support the implementation of a broadband strategy.